Monday, April 20, 2009

baseballingo


This one needs some context, I think. William Safire writes a column in the New York Times magazine every week about language and how it is used in the world. Also every week, they find somebody to do an illustration using the title of his article. They asked me to do this week's, and I did it! "Baseballingo" refers to the use of baseball terms in things not related to baseball. It is timely because the baseball season is getting underway. I dedicate it to anybody who has been caught in San Francisco with a Dodgers hat on.

Thanks very much to Hilary Greenbaum for picking me out.


Also, I always want to be the kind of blog owner who just posts when he has things to post and makes no excuses for the amount of time in between, but I really should apologize. There has been a lot of work being done, but none of it can be shown for a while, so you'll have to take my word on it.

ALSO, I am a guest poster on itsnicethat.com this week. I have been doing some work with the guys who run it, and I never expected people I admire so much to be as nice as they are to me. They are very very nice.

www.itsnicethat.com

12 comments:

Ross said...

heh, took me a second to see the odd one out. nice work.

Jason Brubaker said...

Pretty amazing stuff! I will be coming back for more.

Matt Hunter Ross said...

another incredible piece!

mr.ed said...

g-r-e-a-t!

KYLE RICHARD ANGUS MCQUEEN said...

dude, come on....you're a superstar!

valerio vidali said...

great work!

Benjamin Plouffe said...

you always seem to have some cool little side project! fun!

samacleod said...

Awesome. I love baseball.

sdfsdagsagasgas said...

Nice Page!
8591,飯店,住宿,HOTEL,婚宴,台北住宿,台北HOTEL,台北婚宴,飯店優惠,訂房,國內訂房,結婚,,婚宴,,台北結婚,婚宴場地,推車飲茶,港式點心,場地,尾牙春酒,學區,捷運,小套房,看房子,買房子,建商自售,自售,台北新成屋,台北豪宅,新成屋,豪宅,美髮,儀器,髮型,EMBA,MBA,學位,EMBA,專業認證,認證課程,博士學位,DBA,PHD,在職進修,碩士學位,推廣教育,DBA,進修課程,碩士學位,課程介紹,學分班,文憑,學位,碩士學位,進修,在職進修,課程,教育,學位,證照,mba,文憑

Dante Terzigni said...

Your work is amazing! congrats

珊珊李 said...

徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,抓姦,徵信,徵信社,外遇,抓姦,尋人,徵信社,徵信,抓 姦,抓姦,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,外遇,抓姦,尋人,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信社,抓姦,徵信,外遇,徵信社,尋人,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,情趣用品,情趣,抓姦

anywhere_Smile said...

If the links to not links london lead to the maximum increase in traffic discount links of london then what value would the links truly links of london silver possess. They would end up being little more than window dressing at worst and minimally impactful links of london sale at best. That is not what a new online business links london jewellery looking for a spike in revenues would wish to links london bracelet yield.Also, when you are running a new business, your london links charms time will limited as there will be scores of other responsibilities links of london watches sale competing for your time. That means you won't be able to discount links of london rings do what is necessary to individually place your own links on cheap links of london necklaces the internet. Rather than do so, you could buy links and delegate the work to others.